Here is what I came up with!
I thought about making a tutorial out of it, but it was much more of a challenge than I anticipated. The thing is massive, it weighs 5.5 lbs!
Here is a quick synopsis of what I did though.
- I recycled an old 32 ounce yogurt container. Put a large piece of styrofoam and floral pebbles in it to anchor it down.
- I painted a 6" smooth foam ball pink.
- Cut the sticks down on the lollipops so they are only about 1.5" long.
- I made guide holes using some detail scissors so the lollipops would go in easily. It took about 115 lollipops that were 1" in diameter, to get that amount of coverage.
- I inserted the dowel into the styrofoam and then to further secure it, I took it out and put lots of hot glue the hole and all over the dowel. This goes for the top and bottom.
- My counters were the prefect height for the topiary to rest against while the glue was setting. (The topiary is free standing in the picture)