Mario Themed Birthday Party

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmail

Well the party was last night and it was a huge success! Not only did my husband love it, but so did all of the guests.
This post is going to be mostly pictures of everything and then I’ll break down the elements individually in different posts. I’ll try not to write too much. It will be hard though, I am so excited to share!
Just for reference, the party was in a church gym to accommodate the people and activities I wanted to have.

Two wii’s and two projectors playing Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros Wii up on the stage.

These doors were open most of the night, so Mario and Luigi greeted you as you walked in the door.

I fabricated two piranha plants. This was my favorite detail of the whole party.

They were filled with none other than …. atomic Fire balls! UPDATE: You can see instructions on how to make your own piranha plants, HERE.

Mario and Luigi visors and Princess Peach crowns.UPDATE: A Tutorial for the visors can be found here: http://www.cuteasafox.com/2011/08/mario-and-luigi-poster-board-visors.html

Boo Balloons were tied to almost all the chairs. (Ran out of time to give them all faces though, my one regret of the night)

Cute coloring sheets, crayons, and Mario gummies on the tables to keep the younger children entertained. Printable HERE

The Food
I wanted to incorporate the food into the theme as well. I got lots of comments on the food labels.

Close-up of the salad. I cut radishes to look like mushrooms.
The Cake

8 bit Mario with 143 mini-cupcakes.

I also made these fun little mushroom’s in green ‘pipes’ for dessert. A full post on the mushroom is HERE

Over the course of the week, I plan to highlight some of the projects I put together and credit all the ideas and tutorials I found online.
We had a blast, but boy am I exhausted now. I think my Hubs felt like he was well celebrated for his 30th birthday!

Leave a comment about anything you want to make sure I cover. I’ll try to get to the most popular things first!
I am submitting this party to:

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmail

Comments

1. says

Love this party all of the details are so cute. I’d love to know how you made the marshmallows in the green pipe and the piranha plants I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these. Thanks so much!

2. says

What timing!! My son is turning 13 and is an aspiring game developer/designer. I have been tossing around ideas around doing a game tournament for all his gaming “crew” to celebrate this big birthday. Thanks for the super inspiration. I love all the details, especially the toadstools, too cute. I’ll be tuned in for all of the posts to come.

3. says

What a fabulous job you did! There are so may great components I have a hard time picking one as my favorite! Maybe the Mario of cupcakes? Kudos for a wonderful job!

4. says

Oh my goodness! What a FUN party! I love all the details that you did. The toadstool salad is adorable!! I would have never thought of doing that! great job on the ENTIRE party!!! I love it!

5. says

Oh my goodness girl! you are amazing! WOW that is one COOL party!! My husbands 26th party is coming up and I may have to use ALL of these awesome ideas!!! LOVE the whole thing. Im so excited for on how cool the theme turned out! Im totally book marking this! hehe

6. says

Ok…that 8 bit Mario cupcake arrangement is nothing short of genius. I would have never thought of that in a hundred million years, but I might have to copy it for my husband or son sometime in the not so distant future!!

7. says

Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
    If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

8. says

I CANNOT believe this party!!! WOWZA! Those piranha plants are fantastic and I think I’d put them out in my house afterward, they are THAT cool AND hold candy, fabulous. All the touches are wonderful and I can’t believe you arranged a Mario out of cupcakes!!! And the green pipes!!! (Sheesh how many !!! can I add to one comment, but seriously I am way impressed!) Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

9. says

My kids are playing Mario right now and I told them to pause and take a look. They LOVED it. Guess we know what the next BD party at our house will be. Well done!

10. Anonymous says

Is there any way to get the template for the Mario visors? I have looked all over the net and Cool Party Blog has removed it.

Thanks!

11. says

PIRANHA PLANTS!!! HOW!!! I am guessing at this point.. my 5 1/2 yr old is already planning her Mario Bday party. Has been for 2 months. She loves to wear overalls and pretend to be Mario. She is better at Mario than I am! She is so obsessed, my husband gave her his beloved Mario 2 wallet he has kept from when he was little in the 80’s!!! Right now, I am guessing at how you did that from the pictures.. would love tips.

12. Anonymous says

I wanted to comment on your Boo Balloons. You said you ran out of time to do the balloons, but in reality it was much more realistic to the game. The Boo’s hide their faces when people are looking at them, so it would be natural to only have a few faces showing! :) I plan on doing just that at my son’s 5th birthday coming up.

13. says

That is a really good job you have done there. Even though you didn’t take help of any professional birthday planner but still your arrangement is commendable. Mario is a very famous and favorite character of kids. So it can be a very good theme for kids birthday party. You have also given me a good idea for my kid’s birthday.