I found these glittery skeleton keys in the Walmart ornament section a while back for $1. We don't have a chimney at our house so I thought it would be cute to introduce it as a key for Santa. My kids aren't old enough to question the logistics of Santa Claus, but I want to have my bases covered.
Here is a wide shot of part of my "mantel." I use the top of my piano for a mantel during the holidays. When I get everything tweaked and in the right spot, I will show more of my decorations.
Here is the readers digest version of how to make this:
- Glitter Key (Walmart $1)
- Shadow Box (Ikea under $10.)
- Vinyl Lettering
- Scrapbook paper (From your stash or $0.50)
- Hot glue/glue stick on hand
- My frame had a matte which I covered in a white texture paper using a glue stick.
- Attach your patterned paper to your matte with tape or glue.
- Hot glue your key onto your patterned paper.
- Apply vinyl lettering to the front of the frame
The voting for the contest starts December 17, so I am sure I will be mentioning this project again.