When I was writing the post about the carnival invitations, it reminded me of the invitations I made for my son’s Thomas The Train 3rd birthday party.
What I loved about it was that I was able to give it some dimension by using foam adhesive. Here is a shot at an angle so you can see the foam a little:
Now that we have all these awesome digital cutters on the market, you all can make them too. Don’t worry, the PDF I have to download will let you print out all the pieces on white card stock and you can cut them out by hand too. I try not to leave anyone out, when I can help it.
Here was the inspiration piece I started with and then the digital version of the piecing, side by side.
Here is how you can make your own if you are using a personal cutting device which reads SVG files:
2. Download the Thomas Zip file HERE
The Zip file has the SVG, the PDF instructions, and the Thomas face image.
3. Use the PDF instructions for a reference as to what color each shape should be
4. Print out and cut out the Thomas Face graphic.
5. Use the PDF for assembly instructions.
Here is how you can make your own if you are doing it by hand:
1. Download the PDF Instructions, HERE
2. Print Page 2 on white card stock and cut out all your pieces.
3. Follow the Directions on Page 1 of the PDF.
I included some diagrams that should help you know what is attached with foam and the order in which they should go on.
Also, if anyone with a Silhouette machine is willing to work with me a little bit I would be happy to offer all of my designs for the Silhouette too. I just need someone willing to test it out.
I am always happy to answer any questions or give any help I can. You can leave a comment or email me at email@example.com
If you give this a try, I would love to see it!