We really feel great about the recipe we have created to share with everyone. We know that these chicks are just as fun to make with your kids as they are to eat!
Chewy Gooey Rice Krispie Chicks
yields: approximately 24 chicks
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 7 cups Kelloggs Rice Krispies
- 1 lb mini marshmallows
- Yellow Food coloring
- mini chocolate chips
- Candy for beaks such as candy corn, jelly beans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- Pretzel sticks or twists for legs
- Buttercream frosting
- Melt 1/2 cup margarine or butter in a large sauce pan on low heat.
- Add 1 lb mini marshmallows and stir constantly to avoid burnt marshmallows.
- Add about 10 drops of yellow food coloring after the marshmallows are completely melted and stir until uniform in color. You can adjust the amount of food coloring based on your color preference.
- Remove from heat and stir in 7 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies
- Set aside for about 10 minutes or until the Rice Krispie treats are comfortable to handle. You want them to be warm so they are easy to work with.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray or coat with margarine. If the Rice Krispies start sticking to you, add some more non-stick spray to your hands.
- Take small handfuls of Rice Krispie treats and form into an flattened oval or rounded triangle shape to form the chick's body
- While the chicks are still warm, decorate the chicks according to your preference. We used:
- mini and regular chocolate chips for eyes
- candy corn, jellybeans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds for a beak
- pretzels for legs or feet.
We had so much fun getting together and creating all kinds of different chicks. They were big, little, and everywhere in between. You can really let your kids creative genius run wild.
The Rice Krispie balls on the topiary are held on with toothpicks, so you can just pluck one off and eat it!
Each member of our team has agreed to share detailed instructions on how to make all of the projects on the dessert table. Stay tuned to all of our blogs over the two weeks so you can create the ultimate Easter dessert table too!
Cute as a Fox - Rice Krispies Easter Basket and Rice Krispies Topiary
Around my Family Table - Rice Krispies Flower arrangements
Aly & Ash - Rice Krispies "decor" balls
Lil' Luna - Happy Easter banner
In the meantime, you can head over to the Rice Krispies Making Memories Circle on The Motherhood. April 15, there will be a special live video chat with all the different teams.
I will also let you know when voting begins on Facebook. You get to help decide which team wins! We will definitely need your support.
The $100 visa card giveaway is going on HERE. You have until April 10th to enter!
Our whole team hopes that you are inspired to get in the kitchen with your kids and start making memories!
Disclosure: I am working with Rice Krispies and TheMotherhood and have received a stipend for participating in this project.