We are so excited to present our Rice Krispies Caramel Apple treats with real apples, spices, and caramel bits right inside. These treats are delicious on their own, but dip them in caramel and add your favorite candy or sprinkles and you are taken to a whole new level!
|Serve these treats on a spooky spider plate for the complete Halloween experience! Fun place cards for guests "Noah Pulse," "Doug M. Upp," "Myra Mains," and "Stella Live" really set the mood for this fun and spooky party.|
Yield: approximately 12 servings
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
1 ½ cups dehydrated apples
2 individual serving size packets of Apple Cider drink mix
1 1/2 cup caramel bits or caramel squares cut into small chunks
6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies®
Popsicle, lollipop, or other sticks
Caramels for dipping the apples
Assorted cookies, candies, and sprinkles for decorating
Directions – Preparing the Treats
- Before you begin cooking, rough chop 1 ½ cups of dehydrated apples into small chunks. Dehydrated apples are located next to the raisins at the grocery store. Make sure the dehydrated apples and caramels chunks are approximately the same size.
- Heat 4 Tbsp butter or margarine in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in 2 packets of Apple Cider drink mix.
- Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies®.
- While the mixture is still hot, add the dehydrated apples and caramel chunks.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, tightly pack balls of Caramel Apple Treats around your stick. Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking.
- Rest your treats, stick side up on a sheet of wax paper or greased cookie sheet
- Refrigerate the treats until it is party time.
- Heat up a bag of caramels on the stove-top according to the package instructions.
- Depending on age and kitchen experience, you can let your child dip the caramel apple treats in the caramel or you can give some assistance.
- Before the caramel sets up, have your child roll their caramel apple treat in various candies, sprinkles, or crushed up cookies. You can go crazy and incorporate your families favorite treats into this recipe.
- Eat and enjoy
|Plain, caramel dipped, or dipped in candies or crushed cookies. They are all delicious!|
Part two of the challenge is creating a spooky Halloween scene. We decided that instead of a formal dessert table we would incorporate the caramel apple fixings right into the table where the kids will be making their treats. We have got the different apple toppings in cute candy jars with Halloween faces on each jar. The apples that are ready to be dipped look beautiful sitting on a tiered tray in the middle of the table.
|Here's a close-up of our candy corn Rice Krispies treats, and grape flavored Rice Krispies treat spiders. You can see some of our fixings too. Green sprinkles in a Frankenstein jar and white chocolate chips in a cute ghost jar.|
Stay tuned to each of our blogs for more information on how to enter a $100 Visa gift card giveaway! We also hope you will join us for a live chat over at the Motherhood on October 14 at 1:00pm Eastern.