Come back tonight(12am EST) for the start of the $100 Visa Gift card giveaway!!
When we are creating our Rice Krispies Challenge recipes we always try to come up with some other Rice Krispies inspired recipes that fall in line with our theme. We are only permitted to submit four photos for judging, so sometimes our other treats don’t really make the final post. So today I am going to show you these Krispie Crunchy Bones I created as a part of our Halloween Rice Krispies Challenge. They taste a whole lot like a Nestles Crunch bar. Yum!
Ice Cube or Candy Molds – these came from the Dollar Tree and Target
Almond Bark or candy melts
Rice Krispies Cereal
Paint brush – keep a set of small brushes in my kitchen that are for food only.
Optional: Candy eyes, Mini M&M’s, food color spray in black
1. Start with clean and dry molds
2. Melt some almond bark in the microwave. Paint a thin layer of chocolate over the whole mold. Thick enough that the details of the mold will be covered in chocolate but thin enough you can see the Rice Krispies through it.
3. Add a layer of Rice Krispies cereal to your molds. I used plain and then I used Black color spray to color some of the Rice Krispies. It makes for a spookier skeleton when you are done.
4. Spoon some melted almond bark over the Rice Krispies. Tap the mold against the counter to get any air bubbles out. Your should look about like mine below when you are done. If you watch while you are tapping, you can see little air bubbles popping up.
5. Pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to set up. Unmold your treats. I love the fleixibility of silicon molds. It makes getting these treats out very easy.
6. You can stop with step 5 or add some candies for eyes and dress up your skeletons a little more. I used some additional melting chocolate to glue on some mini M&M’s and edible eyes.
Here’s one more shot from the photo shoot. You can see our cute candy jars a little better.