Hot Cocoa Krispies Reindeer
1.5 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups mini marshmallows (or 1/2 of a 10 ounce bag)
1 packet hot cocoa mix
3 cups Cocoa Krispies
Pretzel Twists - antlers
Pretzel sticks - legs
Chocolate Almond Bark
Black Gel icing
Candy for a nose
- Cut pretzel twists in half to create antlers. I broke quite a few pretzels before I was able to get antlers I liked, so don't get frustrated. Using a sawing motion with a knife might help you get less breakage.
- If desired, dip pretzel sticks in melted almond bark for legs. You can see in the pictures that two reindeer have dipped legs and one doesn't. I think they look cute either way.
- Melt the margarine over low heat on the stove top.
- Add the marshmallows to the butter and stir the marshmallows melt to prevent burning
- Once the marshmallows have melted completely, mix in the hot cocoa mix and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Coca Krispies.
- While your Hot Cocoa Rice Krispies are warm, form a small round ball for the head and a larger shape for the body.
- Gently push the pretzel antlers into the side of the reindeer's head. If you are having trouble getting them to stay in, you can "glue" them in with some melted chocolate.
- Using melted almond bark attach candy eyes and a nose of your choice. I used a mini juju bee, the end of a gingerbread candy corn, and some black glitter gel icing for my three noses.
- Now take your reindeer body and insert the four legs. Each of the legs was about 1/2 to 2/3 of the pretzel stick length. You can always make them shorter or even them out if necessary.
- Insert half a toothpick into the front of the reindeer body and slide the head on.