I could not be more excited to share our final Kelloggs Rice Krispies Challenge with you guys after what has been such a fun and creative year! For this last challenge we wanted once again to focus on the kids! During this time of year we all get to reclaim the magic, joy and excitement of the holidays so this project is really for everyone! May I present to you our Rice Krispies Treat Winter Wonderland featuring Swirly Peppermint Roll-Ups.
There is nothing more important than making memories with your kids and while making our project with your kiddos you will definitely do exactly that! So forget the gingerbread and whip up some Rice Krispies treats this year while you let your imagination run wild! From reindeer to penguins, houses to trees, there are no limits to what your very own Rice Krispies Winter Wonderland can hold!
Let’s not forget a yummy treat to snack on while you work! Featured in our Winter Wonderland as giant lollipop trees, you and your kids will love the taste of our Swirly Peppermint Roll-Ups! With only a few easy and kid friendly steps these versatile treats are perfect for parties, gifts and holiday snacks!
Swirly Peppermint Roll-Ups
yields: 1 large roll/6-8 Slices
yields: 1 large roll/6-8 Slices
3 Tbs Margarine or Butter
6 Cups Kelloggs Rice Krispies
4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
Cream Cheese Frosting 6 Regular Candy Canes Crushed Red Food Coloring (Optional)
1. Melt margarine or butter in a large sauce pan on low heat.
2. Add mini marshmallows and stir constantly to avoid burnt marshmallows.
3. Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies
4. Set aside for about 5 minutes or until the Rice Krispie treats are comfortable to handle. You want them to be warm so they are easy to work with.
5. Spray your hands with non-stick spray or coat with margarine. If the Rice Krispies start sticking to your hands, add some more non-stick spray to your hands.
6. Flatten Rice Krispies onto a greased baking sheet to create a thin flat layer of Rice Krispies Treats.
7. Evenly spread a thin layer of cream cheese frosting on the Rice Krispies and top with crushed candy cane.
8. Starting at one end, gently lift and begin rolling your rectangle long ways until you have a finished roll.
Tip: Allow roll set a few minutes in freezer or fridge before slicing.
We had so much fun getting together and creating such a delicious recipe and festive display this challenge! We are excited to share how we made the rest of our creations with you too!
Everything in our Winter Wonderland is edible and made out of Rice Krispies! We used only Rice Krispies and food safe materials when creating our display. From cotton candy snow to Rice Krispies presents with licorice ribbon, we really mean that it is ALL edible!
Each member of our team has agreed to share detailed instructions on how to make all of the projects in our Winter Wonderland. Stay tuned to all of our blogs over the two weeks so you can create a Rice Krispies winter wonderland of your own.
In the meantime, you can head over to the Rice Krispies Making Memories Circle on The Motherhood. Thursday, December 8th there will be a special live chat with all the different teams.
You can also show your support for “liking” our project on Kelloggs Rice Krispies Facebook page December 8th-14th
And of course we will be giving away and other $100 Visa Card!!! The giveaway starts Tuesday, November 28th! Each of our team members will be giving you a chance to win so stay tuned for details!!
Our whole team hopes that you are inspired to get in the kitchen with your kids and start making memories! Have a wonderful holiday season!
Disclosure: I am working with Rice Krispies and TheMotherhood and have received a stipend for participating in this project.