Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There’s no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.
My youngest just turned four and at her preschool, that means you get to bring cupcakes. Her birthday is so close to Christmas, I thought it would be fun to make some fun Christmas cupcakes. After much searching, I found some cute inspiration from Hello, Cupcake! over on the Duncan Hines website. Here are the Ornaments Cupcakes that I came up with.
These cupcakes were so fun and easy to make. They are really great for any kind of holiday entertaining you want to do. These would even be great for a girls night in. You just need to whip up some cupcakes from Duncan Hines cake-mix before the event and you and your girlfriends can decorate cupcakes while you sit and chit chat.
- 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix – I used the Moist Deluxe Devil’s Food
- Water, Oil, Eggs
- 1 can Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Classic Vanilla Frosting
- Sanding Sugar – I used gold, silver, red, green
- Spice or gum drops
- Licorice laces
- Gel frosting writers
- Assorted candies, and sprinkles for decorating
- Make your cupcakes according to the directions on your Duncan Hines cake mix box.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Working with one cupcake at a time, frost with Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Classic Vanilla Frosting and press the cupcake into a bowl of sanding sugar.
- Add sprinkles, candies, licorice, or gel frosting to decorate your cupcake.
- Time to make the ornament top. Use a toothpick to poke two holes in the top of the spice drop. Insert the licorice laces into the holes you just made. I used the toothpick to help me push the licorice in. put a small amount of frosting on the bottom of the spice drop and set on the cupcake.
|I thought it was funny that one of the simplest ornaments was my personal favorite.|
Have I persuaded you include these scrumptious cupcakes at your next holiday function? I sure hope. I really loved making them. There is something very relaxing about getting creative with your food. Whether they are eating them or decorating them, these cupcakes are sure to be a big hit with the kids and adults!