Before we talk about the teacher ornaments I made, here is a little back story. My Mom was looking for some ideas for little ornaments to give the women in her church and per usual, Vanessa from The Sew-er, The Caker, The Copycat Maker came to the rescue with these amazing glass ornaments.
Back in August, I helped my Mom make somewhere around 80 of these nativity ornaments. I was sworn to secrecy though, she didn't want any of the recipients seeing their present on my blog. To save a few steps we copied the nativity directly onto the transparencies and then cut out the ornament shape.
These nativity ornaments got the ball rolling and I thought it would would be fun to make some ornaments for my kids teachers using the same principal.
- I designed the ornaments and printed them out on regular paper.
- Then I headed over to Office Max and had them make color copies onto transparencies.
- Cut out the ornament shape using this template.
Right click and select 'save image'
- Roll the transparency up and insert into the ornament.
- Using a funnel, insert snow. In these case I cut up metallic paper shred in school colors to make some fun confetti.
- You will need to pull the transparency up slightly and trim the very top of that little rectangle.
- Put the ornament top back on and you are all set!
If I have left something out, please feel free to ask me with questions. You could also check out Vanessa's amazing ornaments. She probably has it covered.