This was everything I put together for the baby shower. I displayed the lollipops in a little glass jar. That tiered tray is the same as this one from the Red Carpet event. I just bought some melamine plates in white from Target and switched it up. Love, Love, LOVE it! (A quick aside about the Red Carpet event, I saw that SugarDoodle.net linked up to it under the Relief Society section. SQUEAL!)
The reason for this post however is the elephant pull-toy card. I was inspired by some fabulous chenille pull-toy cards over at Wenderly. Her cards were mostly boy themed though. Joann's was out of yellow chenille(for a duck) so I went with pink and decided to go my own way.
Wenderly gives a really great photo tutorial, so I will just tell you what I did.
- twine, embroidery floss, ribbon or I used bead trim for the pull string
- Marker, or something small for the eye.
1. Save the elephant silhouette to your computer and print him out on card stock.
2. Cut out the elephant
3. Trace the elephant on the BACK side of the chenille. Make sure you have the elephant facing the way you want, you will have to put the stencil face down if you want his head on the right side.
4. Cut our your chenille elephant and glue or sew on your card. I used hot glue. Stitching it down would give it an extra cute detail I think.
5. Add buttons to the feet for the "wheels."
6. Add your pull string and an eye. I used some bead trim I had on hand for both.
Doing a quick Google image search should get you lots of ideas for almost any object.
Don't forget to go and check out all the cute cards Wenderly made.