I feel justified gushing over how good these stuffed jalapenos are because my sister in law is the one who first introduced me to them. Every time I have made them, they get devoured and I get asked for the recipe by nearly everyone there. I have made them for the kids Winter birthday party and the Arizona Centennial Bunco.
The best part about this recipe is that there is only 4 ingredients. So print it, bookmark it, Pin it(the handy “Pin it” button is at the bottom of the post), or tattoo it on your arm. I promise you won’t be sorry, and neither will anyone you serve it too.
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
1 lb jalapenos
1 lb bulk sausage
1 8 oz block of softened cream cheese (I prefer the low fat cream cheese also called Neufchatel)
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prep the jalapenos. Cut the top off each jalapeno, just below the stem. Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove the seeds*.
2. Make the filling. Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain. Mix in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until everything is well incorporated.
3. Fill the jalapenos. Spoon approximately 1 Tbsp of filling into each jalapeno.
4. Cook. Bake stuffed jalapenos at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. You may want to use some non-stick spray on the pan. I never have, but sometimes they stick a little.
5. Serve. Throw these guys on a tray and then duck and cover. You don’t want to get crushed in the stampede for stuffed jalapenos.
*Tip: Jalapenos carry their heat in the seeds and the veins. The veins are the lighter colored part on the interior of the jalapeno. If you are worried about the heat level, make sure you scrape the veins out really well. Also, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after handling jalapenos. Any juice on your hands will sting your eyes.
Here is one more food shot for you. At Bunco, we ate Navajo tacos, which are essentially tacos served on fry bread instead of a tortilla. Yummy! Here’s my plate with a few stuffed jalapenos on the side.
The rest of the Arizona Centennial Bunco is coming soon. Don’t forget to give my new “Pin It” button a spin. It’s on the bottom of each post.