Baked Potato and Ham Soup
¼ c. butter
¼ c. flour
14 oz can chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
3 large or 4 med. Baked potatoes cut into cubes
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder or to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cups ham chunks
Grated cheese (optional)
- Melt the butter in medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and you should get a thick paste.
- Add chicken broth, milk, and garlic powder. (We are big garlic lovers so I like to add a LOT)
- Mash the pulp from one of the potatoes and whisk into the soup.
- Bring to a boil and gently add the cubed potatoes and cubed ham.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top of the soup when serving.