However I couldn't resist the urge to decorate a few cupcakes all nice and pretty. The first ones might be my favorite. I baked chocolate cake into mini ice cream cones. Ahhh, they were so tiny and cute I can barely stand it. I used an open star tip to pip on the mint chocolate frosting. I mixed in some mini chocolate chips so it tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yum!
I made a little acrylic stand for my mini ice cream cones with the laser. Now that I have a nice little stand, I want to make these mini cones for every occasion.
I am throwing this next picture in there so you can see just how small the cones are. It's hard to get perspective on the close up shots.
The next cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes with Chocolate Almond frosting. I made carrots out of vanilla wafers and edible Easter grass. I originally saw the idea here on Edible Crafts
Then I made these yellow mini cupcakes with Cotton candy frosting and cut marshmallow flowers. I love these flowers and they are so simple to make. I cut the marshmallows on the diagonal and pressed the cut edge into some sanding sugar. The sanding sugar sticks perfectly to the sticky marshmallow.
The center's of the flowers were holiday sixlets. I liked cutting the marshmallows on the diagonal because it gave a nice slope to each "petal."
Next up are yellow mini cupcakes with strawberry shortcake frosting. I used candy corn for the ears, sixlets for the nose, and mini chocolate chip eyes.
My sister and niece made these cute little butterfly snack bags for all the kids. I have seen these done before, but never with such cute little pom poms.
We had such a great time at the park and I really enjoyed trying Duncan Hines new frosting creations flavors. I'll explain it briefly if you haven't heard of it before. You buy a starter container of plain frosting and then you pick one of the 12 different flavor mix-ins. You add the flavor powder, or "Sugar seeds" as my daughter called it, to the plain frosting and stir. Then you are ready to go. This post is getting long, but I wanted to tell you what we thought of the flavors. These were my opinions, and everyone has different tastes, so keep that in mind.
- Chocolate Almond - Tastes a lot like marzipan if you are into that sort of thing. I am NOT!
- Chocolate Marshmallow - Yum! I don't know how much marshmallow I tasted but it was delicious.
- Cotton Candy - I was surprised how much I liked this one. Very true to cotton candy flavor.
- Bubble Gum - I think there is an age limit on bubble gum flavored items and I am way over it.
- White Chocolate Raspberry - Not my favorite but my Father in law liked it a lot.
- Caramel - Good but I could have done with a little more caramel flavor.
- Cinnamon Roll - VERY yummy and cinnamon-y.
- Mocha - Undecided. I tried it twice. The first time I liked it and the second time not so much..
- Orange Creme - So good. I think this one was a universal hit.
- Mint Chocolate - Another big hit. It was very minty.
- Strawberry Shortcake - It was good, but it didn't taste any different than strawberry frosting already on the market.
- Cherry Vanilla - I blocked this one from my mind. It was very much like cough medicine to me. I think one person said they liked it, but it was definitely not for me.