Today I am going to share the recipe for this yummy skillet lasagna I made using three different items from the June Dairy month promotion.
First, I want to tell you a little more about how the promotion works. It is really easy to do. Safeway will track your progress on your Safeway Club Card, so you can spend the $40 across multiple shopping trips. Your current spending tally will show up on the bottom of your receipt. You can also take advantage of the offer multiple times. You get two movie vouchers each time you hit the $40 mark on participating dairy products. For more information about the promotion you can visit June Dairy Movies.
On my shopping trip at Safeway, there were tons of helpful signs that explained all the details. PLUS, each participating item has a shelf tag that clearly shows that it is participating in the promotion. Here is all the dairy section goodness I found while I was shopping at Safeway.
What good is buying $40 worth of dairy, if I don't how you a yummy recipe to use it in? Today I am showing you how to make skillet lasagna. My family really loves lasagna, and this skillet version is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It is also nice in the summer, because you don't have to turn on the oven and heat the whole house up!
- 1 box bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion or 1 tsp minced onion
- 2 - 16 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 15 ounce Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start a pot of water to boil so you can cook the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. TIP: Add a little bit of olive oil to the water and your pasta will never boil ever!
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the sausage and onion in a 12" skillet. Drain any fat when the sausage is browned
- Add the two cans of tomato sauce, and the Italian seasoning to the skillet with the sausage. Heat this mixture on low until the pasta is done cooking.
- Drain pasta and add to the sausage and sauce mixture.
- Gently stir in the Ricotta cheese until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top of the skillet. Cover and heat on low until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
This meal would go great with some of the Pillsbury bread sticks too. This recipe is really easy to customize to your own tastes. You can use low fat ground beef, low fat ricotta and mozzarella cheese to make it a little more diet friendly.
Next week I will be back with some more information on how you can redeem your movie voucher and go see some movies for free! In the meantime, you can find some more recipes on the EasyHomeMeals.com website or Facebook page.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Safeway #CBias #SocialFabric. Any opinions expressed are my own. Any content is produced by me.