Before you decide to give it a try keep in mind that this isn't going to be a pizza that you can pick up and eat with your hands. It would just fall completely apart. It is definitely a fork and knife kind of pizza.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- dash of salt or salt to taste
- olive oil for brushing the crust
- Pizza fixings: sauce, cheese, toppings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the stem and leaves. Grate with a cheese grater.
- Microwave the cauliflower on high for 4 minutes. Stir. Return to microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Beat the egg. Add the cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt to the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Spray your cooking sheet with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Turn out the cauliflower mixture and use your hands to form a large thin circle.
- Brush olive oil over the top of the crust .
- Cook the cauliflower crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Cook under the broil until the cheese is melted. Keep a close eye, as this can happen fast and you don't want to burn your pizza.
What are your must have pizza toppings? Share in the comments!