The best part of this recipe is that it is very good for you. It contains no flour, or sugar. This is a great way to start off your day or a nice after school snack for the kids. Not to mention it only has 5 ingredients and they are so simple to throw together.
Healthy Breakfast Cookie
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cup oats
- heaping 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Agave nectar(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add in your other ingredients and mix-well. *On half a batch I added in some agave nectar for some additional sweetness. I like the cookies both ways, but probably preferred it with a little agave.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Do not use parchment paper, the cookies will stick. These cookies will not spread or rise so use a spoon to shape them how you want them. I like to press them down and have a thin cookie, for nice even baking.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until nice and brown on the top and bottom.
These are called cookies, but they are really closer to a breakfast bar in taste and texture.
This is a great recipe to play around with. You could use raisins, add some nuts, or even some cocoa nibs.