Sometimes during the holidays, I need to go semi-homemade when I'm making goodies. The good thing about this idea is that you can dress up a homemade pie or store bought. You could use store bought pie crust, or made from scratch. Either way, I can guarantee you will get lots of "oohs and ahhhs" over these cute pies.
For my recipe today, I dressed up some Mrs. Smith's pies. I highly recommend the Dutch Apple, it is delicious.
Here's what you need to create your own pie crust shapes.
- Refrigerated pie crust
- Wilton Holiday mini-cutters
- Wilton Green Color Mist
- Melted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the refrigerated pie crust onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Using the mini cutters, cut shapes into the pie crust. Peel away the excess crust. You can roll the excess out and cut more shapes if you wish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes or until brown.
- At this point you can do two things. One is to brush on melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. The other is to spray with Wilton Color mist and really make the shapes pop.
- Gently place your shapes on the pie.
I had a big problem with the kids wanting to eat all the shapes before the made it to the pie. There are really tasty on their own too. I really love the way the green color mist makes the holly leaves pop. I used some spree like candies for the berries.
Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you take the time to stop by and give some love to all the other amazing bloggers that are a part of the Homemade Holiday Treats event. I mean look at the amazing treats!!