The most important part of the color fight is the color powder. Thankfully the recipe is simple to master. You only need 2 ingredients!
- 1 lb Non-toxic Paint Powder
- 1 lb Corn Starch
- Food processor
- Add 1 pound of Tempera Paint powder to the food processor.
- Pour about ⅓ of the corn starch into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the next ⅓ of the corn starch and process again.
- Add the remainder of the corn starch and process until completely combined.
- Repeat with as many different tempera colors as you want.
Before you make your own color fight powder please take some things into consideration:
- You can buy color powder imported from India, however, it has been known to have harmful ingredients such as lead! Buyer beware. I opted to make my own for this very reason.
- A friend was generous enough to give me her old food processor in case it ruined mine. Good news, it didn’t ruin it at all. I was able to get it clean and I would 100% feel comfortable using it with food again.
- I wouldn’t classify this as an ‘inexpensive’ activity to undertake. It is cheaper to make your own than buy it, but I still spent some money putting the whole thing together. The cost was 100% worth it. This will definitely go down as one of the best birthday parties my kids have ever had.
Color Fight Rules:
Before we let the kids go crazy, we gave them some simple rules.
1. Stay in the designated color fight area.
2. Only color people who are actively participating in the fight.
3. Don’t purposefully throw color in someone’s face. It still happened, but at least, they weren’t trying.
Once everyone knows the rules, we let them loose! Everyone had a blast!
We stopped and took an ‘after’ picture. Technically, it was a ‘during’ shot because the kids went out for more fun after this.
The fight was a success and everyone had a blast. Now, how are we going to clean this up? Head over to the next page and I’ll tell you if our clothes were permanently stained.