Peanut Butter French Toast with Caramelized BananasYield: 4 peanut butter french toast sandwiches
- Texas Toast - 8 slices
- Peanut Butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Ingredients for Caramel Bananas
- 2 ripe but firm bananas, sliced diagonally
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- dash of cinnamon
- Make a Peanut Butter sandwich with two pieces of the Texas Toast and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip each side of the peanut butter sandwich in the egg mixure.
- Cook the peanut butter sandwich on a hot and buttered griddle for 3-4 minutes each side.
- While the Peanut Butter french toast is cooking start making your caramel bananas. Peel and slice the bananas on the diagonal.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a skillet. Melt the two together on medium-high heat and stir to combine them.
- Add the bananas in a single layer to the skillet. After 2-3 minutes, flip the bananas over one at a time. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the bananas are light brown but not mush.
- Remove the peanut butter french toast sandwich from the griddle and top with the caramel bananas.
I really wanted to show you a picture of what the peanut butter french toast looks like before the bananas. The peanut butter is all melted and gooey. It would be amazing on it's own.
I really hope you get to try out this recipe, you will not be disappointed! It was so delicious, I want to run back into the kitchen and make it again.