This post brought to you by Duck® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
Do I have any project runway fans out there? I love that show. My husband loves it too, but that’s just our little secret, okay? 😉
Earlier in this season the contestants were given the challenge to create whole prom looks using Duck Tape®. It is all apart of the Stuck at Prom® contest.
I thought it would be a lot of fun to try my hand at making a cute and fun accessory with Duck Tape®. The winning look on Project Runway was a super cool houndstooth print dress. Houndstooth is a little beyond my skills, but I was able to come up with these adorable Chevron earrings.
Duck Tape® comes in over 140 varieties these days, so you could make them to match any look you want. Even a fun and funky prom dress.
I will walk you through the steps to make them.
Duck Tape® Chevron Earrings
- 2 ” Hoop Earrings
- Duck Tape® in your desired colors or patterns
- Chevron template(below)
Before we begin, save the chevron template images below. I made the zig zag, but one big chevron would be very cute too.
- Print the template onto cardstock and print out.
- Fold about 6″ of Duck Tape® in half. The sticky side will now be stuck to itself.
- Trace and cut out the chevron designs. Two designs per earring. I used a fine point sharpie to trace my templates and the sharpie rubbed right off of the Duck Tape®. No worries about your earrings having black marks all over them.
- Place the chevron on the earrings and use a very small amount of matching Duck Tape® to secure the chevron around the hoop earrings. Voila! All done.
Easy peasy, right? I think the project took me about 20 minutes or less. It was super windy while we were taking photos, which is why the earrings are flying in the breeze. Here’s more of a profile shot.
Duck Brand is really excited about the trend of creating Duck Tape® dresses for prom. They are so excited in fact that they started a scholarship contest. There is $40,000 up for grabs in scholarship money.
To enter the contest, go to Stuck at Prom® and click the enter now button. Fill out the required info and upload a photo of your Duck Tape® prom attire. A panel of judges and votes will determine the winners of the 10 cash scholarship prizes.
If I had prom age children, I would definitely encourage them to get creative with Duck Tape® and enter the contest. Since my kids are still little, I’ll just have to keep getting creative with fun projects for me!