DIY Glitter Ornaments

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmailYummlyStumbleUpon

I love glitter. It just makes everything so shiny and happy. I get a little less excited when the glitter comes off and leaves a sparkly trail everywhere. That is one reason I love these glitter ornaments so much. The glitter goes on the inside! They are so very simple to make too. I thought I’d try another photo tutorial. The directions are written out below as well.
I bought everything but the Mop & Glo from Michaels.

Glitter Ornaments

Supplies:

• Clear Ornaments
  • Mop & Glo floor shine
  • Very fine glitter

Directions:

1. Gently swish the Mop & Glo around in the ornament. Don’t shake it. Air bubbles are bad. Pour out the excess Mop & Glo. If there are air bubbles, pour in more Mop & Glo and try again.
  2. Pour in some glitter and shake to coat the inside of the ornament.
  3. Pour out the excess glitter.
  4. Replace the ornament top and embellish as desired. I used some sparkly vinyl to give it even more shine.
Note about glitter: Lighter color glitters are harder to work with. You can see if there are any empty spots and you can sometimes see all the way through to the inside of the ornament. Just be aware of that when you are picking your glitter colors.
The Joy, Faith, Love tree is a design I made. The snowflake I found by doing a google search. If there is any interest in the tree file, leave me a comment and I’ll work on posting it to share.

Happy Glittering!

Ashley

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmailYummlyStumbleUpon

Comments

• says

I used it on the recommendation of others who had a lot of success with it. The Mop & Glo is extremely easy to work with. I think water/glue could work as well. I’ve also heard liquid hairspray will work, but I haven’t tried it.

1. says

Wow!! Mop N Glo – Who would have thought! They are absolutely gorgeous and I am excited to try this!! I would LOVE to have your Joy, Faith, Love tree design that you made, as well as the snowflake. You are so talented!!!

2. says

3. says

Mop N Glo? I would have never thought of that! These ornaments are perfect for some of the ideas I have lined up for the kids and I to do together over the next few weeks. I can’t wait to get started now that I know this handy trick. Thank you so much for sharing this, Ashley.

4. says

Oh how clever and I am not surprised about the mop and glow as I have used it many times on my porch and it will embed any small particle once it’s dry.

5. says

I have been wanting to make these glitter ornaments forever! I love things that glitter and i never know how to get the glitter to stick to the glass! This post was so helpful and my tree is going to look awesome this year!

6. says

That’s one use of mop and glow I would never have thought of! Love these, and my holiday decor could definitely use a bit more glitter.