Stay tuned to the end of the post for a Silhouette Cameo giveaway!!
I’ve been having a lot of fun with glitter ornaments this year. The other day I saw these beautiful glittery peacock feathers at Walmart and I knew I just had to make a peacock glitter ornament.
This was very simple to put together and I love the way it came out. Perfect for anyone with a love of peacocks, or someone that loves using the bright colors on their Christmas tree. I find myself using my Silhouette on all kinds of craft projects, sometimes big things and sometimes it’s the little details that make the project pop.
Peacock Glitter Ornament
- Glittered Ornament – disc shape is best for this
- Peacock tree clip from Walmart
- Peacock face file – .STUDIO .SVG
- Glitter your ornament with a nice blue glitter. Click the link for the Glitter ornament tutorial.
- Download the .STUDIO or .SVG file for the peacock face and use your Silhouette to cut the vinyl. I used Navy and yellow vinyl, but you could experiment with different colors. Apply the peacock face vinyl to your ornament.
- Using wire cutters, remove the clip from the bottom of the peacock feathers. Hot glue the feathers onto the back of the ornament. I just did lines of glue along the center lines of each feather.
It’s so easy to make and has lots of impact.
If it isn’t apparent by now, let my just reiterate that I love my Silhouette Cameo. It’s opened up so many possibilities for me. Black Friday is coming up and Silhouette has some big, huge deals coming up. I’m just bursting at the seams because I want to tell you, but I’ve been sworn to secrecy. The great thing about the Silhouette sale is that it will be running from November 27 – December 8. You can shop early on Thanksgiving, or you have all the way until December 8. I’ll be posting all the details of the sale plus the special sales link. It will always be promo code CUTEFOX.
I can’t disclose the sale yet, but I’ve got something pretty amazing to keep you busy until then. I’m giving away a Silhouette CAMEO. In the past I have given away the smaller, Portrait, but this month it’s the big kahuna. One lucky reader will win a Silhouette Cameo. Enter below in the rafflecopter form.