I can't believe the Listerine Challenge is already over. It has been a bumpy 3 weeks with swine flu, pink eye, and colds all hitting my house. I'm happy to report though that I successfully completed the challenge!
My teeth and my smile feel great! Let me tell you some of the things I've noticed over the 21 days.
- My teeth are a little whiter thanks to the Listerine Whitening Toothpaste
- My gums are much less sensitive. They used to bleed a bit when I flossed, but not anymore.
- I actually like using mouthwash now!
- Brushing, flossing, and rinsing after dinner has helped curb my desire to snack in the evenings.
- Even when you feel like absolute crud, having a fresh and clean mouth can really help you feel human again.
- My smile comes a little easier. Now that I'm more confident that my teeth look great and my breath is fresh, it's easy to smile at everyone.
I can't believe I got all those benefits from consistently brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash, twice a day. I will tell you that the hardest part for me was the mouthwash. I have a strong gag reflex and can really struggle with things in my mouth. The first day I did gag a few times. I also started out using a much smaller amount than indicated on the bottle. Over the next few days though, I got used to it and now I love it. The Listerine keeps my mouth feeling clean and fresh for so much longer than just brushing!
My Reach Access Flosser is my other favorite take away from this challenge. I always had a hard time flossing in the back, even with those little floss picks. It goes back to my sensitive gag reflex. Sticking my fingers that far into my mouth just really makes me gag. Problem solved with the Access Flosser. It gets the very back teeth so easily. In fact, I'm excited for my next dentist appointment. I think they will be happily surprised with my progress.
The challenge was only for 21 days, but I have no plans of stopping now. I'm excited that my whole family got involved too. Do you remember how I told you about the "Swish Selfie"? Here's a recap, if you go to the Listerine Facebook page and post a selfie of you swishing some mouthwash, they will donate $5 to help underprivileged children get healthcare. So easy and such a worthwhile cause. Here is my son with his swish selfie.
What about you? Did you join the challenge? My official challenge might be over, but you can start at any time. Leave me a comment if you participated or plan to. I'd be happy to cheer you on!