This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up on May 22. I am really excited! On one hand, it feels like we just barely got married. One the other hand, it feels like we’ve been together forever. (In the best way of course!) I love to travel and so we’ve decided to take a trip to celebrate our anniversary. This will be our first vacation without the kids. I’m pretty nervous and exhilarated all at the same time.
I’m a big fan of the Real Housewives franchises and recently the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills went to Puerto Rico. It was beautiful there. I really had no idea. I thought it would be fun to do a little dream vacation planning to Puerto Rico. I may not be a Real Housewife, but there is no reason I can’t vacation like one!
Here are some of the things I want to check out when I’m there.
- Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline. That’s a lot of beach! Flamenco Beach in Culebra is considered one of the best beaches in the world.
- Puerto Rico has Bioluminescent bays. The water contains tiny plankton called dinoflagellates that can emit light when the water is disturbed. I can just imagine swimming in the water with this blue glowing light all around. It sounds magical.
- El Yunque is the only rainforest that is a US national park.
- Puerto Rico has the Camuy caverns. It runs through the third largest subterranean river.
- Puerto Rican cuisine is similar to Spanish and Latin American food but it has it’s own unique flair. I love trying new food! I really want to see what Puerto Rico has to offer.
- You don’t need a passport or foreign money. I don’t have a passport yet, so this is especially appealing to me.
Puerto Rico sounds magical doesn’t it? Sigh. We’ll probably be road tripping it for our anniversary trip, but a girl can dream, can’t she? You can Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. What do you most want to see in Puerto Rico? Tell me in the comments.
If you want more info, you can Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter