I am beyond excited for today's #15MinuteSuppers post. My post features Hatch Green Chiles from Hatch, NM. They are amazing! The other #15MinuteSuppers bloggers and I all received some frozen green chiles to create a quick and tasty recipe to share with you.
I used my chiles to make a mouth watering Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup. It has all the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a quick soup.
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4-8 oz Green Chiles
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 10 3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 10 3/4 oz milk - (Fill up one of the empty cream of chicken soup cans)
- 1 can black beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Cheese - garnish
- Cilantro or Pico de Gallo - optional garnish
- In a stock pot, heat 1-2 Tbsp of oil and quick saute the chopped onions and garlic for about 2-3 minutes on Medium-High heat.
- Turn the burner down to Medium or Medium-Low and whisk in the cream of chicken soup, milk, and chicken broth until the soup is smooth and completely combined.
- Stir in the crushed tortilla chips, beans, chopped chicken, and green chiles. I used 4 oz of chiles so that my kids would enjoy the soup too. If it was just for me and my husband, I would add more. We like some more spice.
- Heat the soup on medium for about 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occassionally.
- Serve with your favorite shredded cheese on top. Add some cilantro or pico de gallo as garnish, if desired.
You can tell in the photo below, that Hatch Green Chiles come chopped a little larger than canned green chiles. I love it that way. Once you try fresh or frozen chiles, you will not be able to go back to the canned chiles. There is just no comparison in the taste.
Keep Reading for an Amazing Giveaway of Green Chiles worth over $400!!!Today's 15 minute meal ideas all use Hatch Green Chiles from Hatch, NM. There is nothing better than a perfectly ripe chile and these chiles are picked, processed, and frozen within a couple hours. They are super versatile and we've created some amazing #15MinuteSuppers using these delicious chiles. There are a few appetizers and the rest are main dishes! Which one is your favorite?
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Hot Corn Dip by Jen's Journey
- Green Chile Guacamole by Around My Family Table
- Hatch Green Chile Crescent Rolls by Celebrating Family
- Hatch Green Chiles Queso by Songs Kate Sang
- Chicken Quesadillas with Hatch Chile Cheese Sauce by Better in Bulk
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup by Cute as a Fox
- Hatch Chile, Chicken & Bacon Pizza by White Lights on Wednesday
- Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice by Home Cooking Memories
- Hatch Green Chile Mac and Cheese by Pink Cake Plate
- Baked Eggs and Green Chilies in Avocado by East Valley Mom Guide
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.a Rafflecopter giveaway