Thanks to Bissell for sponsoring this discussion.
Christmas came a little early at my house this year. I will show you what I mean.
Yes, that is indeed a BISSELL ProHeat 2X® Premier 47A23 Upright Deep Cleaner and Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution. Don’t worry my husband has not lost his mind and given me a carpet cleaner for Christmas. Bissell gave me the opportunity to review this baby, and I jumped at the chance. My carpets definitely need some serious TLC that only a deep cleaning steam cleaner can provide.
I haven’t had time to clean the whole house yet, but every area that I have used the BISSELL Upright Deep Cleaning Machine is seeing major improvement. I will show you a little before and after of a carpet runner in a very high traffic area of my Mom’s house. You can see that she had some random stains that you might expect from the hallway leading away from the kitchen. One pass of the BISSELL with the Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution and it was gone. I didn’t pre-treat it or anything.
I’m not going to go over every detail of the BISSELL Upright Deep Cleaning Machine but I will tell you my two favorite features. The first is the hose for cleaning upholstery. I can see this coming in really handy for me. The other thing I love is the the tank system. I’ve used a steam cleaner before but it was kind of a pain because it had two tanks, one for clean water and one for the dirty. The BISSELL has one tank with a plastic bladder inside. The clean water goes inside the bladder with the Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution. The dirty water gets stored below the bladder in the tank. As the bladder empties of the clean water, the tank has room to fill with the dirty water. I think it’s genius and I love the design!
This time of year can be so busy with the holiday events. If you host holiday parties or dinners, it can be downright stressful. Not only are you preparing the food, you have to make everything presentable too. That is why I am giving you some tips on how to make your home look cleaner that it is. I am definitely not a Type A personality when it comes to a clean and organized home, so trust me I have on several occasions said, “Ah! Guests are arriving in 10 minutes and this place looks like a hot mess.”
5 Quick Tips to make your home look cleaner
- Clutter. Organize any clutter into stacks to make it look neater or stash it in a laundry basket and lock it in the closet. Just don’t forget to come back for it later and put everything in it’s proper place.
- Dishes. If you have a sink full of dishes from cooking all day, stash them under the sink or in the oven, (assuming the oven is cooking some food.) A sink full of dishes can really make the kitchen look messy, even if the rest of it is relatively clean.
- Do a quick wipe down of the tabletops and counters. You can do it quickly and getting rid of the dust and crumbs will really help your home look neater.
- Bathrooms. It’s almost guaranteed someone is going to need to use the restroom. At the very least, flush and close the toilet seat, pull the shower curtain closed, and make sure all of the drawers are shut. If you have a little more time, wipe down the counters and mirror.
- Pick up any big pieces of trash or food from the carpet or tile. Vacuuming is preferred, but you have to do!
Those are the total panic cleaning tips. When you have a little more advanced warning, I highly recommend cleaning your carpets with the BISSELL Upright Deep Cleaner and Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution. You can use the different Scotchguard Formulas to spot clean even if you don’t have time to clean the whole carpet. You will be much more confident in how your home looks with clean carpets.
Here are the cleaning solutions available:
– 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula 78H63
– 2X Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Formula
– 2X Deep Clean & Protect Formula 62E52
– 2X Pet Stain & Odor Formula 99K52
I have some good news. I have a $1 off coupon for any of the cleaning solutions.
We are really hitting crunch time this year. Christmas is just days away and New Years Eve is right behind that. Have a wonderful holiday season and treat yourself to some clean carpets this year!