Cookies and cream has been my favorite flavor since I was a little girl. When TCBY asked me to try out one of their new Frozen yogurt flavors and share with you, Extreme Cookies ‘n Cream was the obvious choice. I could go all Dr. Seuss and talk about how I could eat it on toast, or a roast, or … you get the picture.
Here’s the exciting thing about TCBY frozen yogurt. It has half the fat of ice cream, 7 probiotic cultures and 3-4 grams of protein. I am always on the lookout for healthier alternatives to delicious treats. It was so delicious and creamy. I wouldn’t have been able to guess that it has 1/2 the fat. It is definitely full of flavor.
The frozen yogurt is delicious but I wanted to go all out and create a skinnier cookies and cream milkshake. Growing up, we did milk shakes the no frills way. That’s to say, scoop the frozen yogurt in a cup, add some milk, and mix it up with a spoon. None of that blender business. When I opened up the TCBY frozen yogurt and saw a huge chunk of cookie, I knew I wanted to skip the blender on this one too. It would be a shame to pulverize it! I think that’s why they call it extreme!
- TCBY Extreme Cookies 'n Cream Frozen Yogurt
- Skim Milk
- Fat free whipped topping - optional
- Maraschino cherry - optional
- Reduced Fat sandwich cookie for garnish -optional
- Scoop TCBY Extreme Cookies 'n Cream Frozen Yogurt into the serving class about ¾ of the way full.
- Pour skim milk in a little at a time and mix together with a spoon. Keep adding milk and mixing until you reach your desired milkshake thickness.
- Garnish with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and a cherry.
- To add a sandwich cookie to the rim, lightly spritz the edge of the cookies with water. Use a serrated blade and gently saw back and forth to make a ½" slit in the cookie. You can widen the slit by changing the angle of the blade. Caution: Don't use too much water or the cookie turns to mush.
I have all kinds of good news for you.
1. If you live in Denver, Houston, or Phoenix the TCBY Get the Scoop tour is coming your way. You can try select new flavors and snag a $1 off coupon! Check the website for dates and locations.
2. If Cookies n’ Cream isn’t your thing, TCBY has a total of 8 Frozen Yogurt flavors for you to try out. Check your local grocer’s freezer section and you have a great shot at finding them.
3. I am giving away 3 months worth of TCBY products!! Yum! That’s right one lucky reader will receive a total of 6 coupons for free product, a $30 value.
Okay, let’s giveaway some coupons. It’s SUPER easy to enter. Follow this link to the TCBY website, then come back here and leave a comment with the flavor of TCBY frozen yogurt you would most like to try. I will randomly select one of the comments on August 10, 2015 and that person wins the coupons!
Okay, what are you waiting for, go check out those flavors!