I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Rubbermaid. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
I know that some folks are just wrapping up summer and heading back to school. Here on the surface of the sun, (Arizona), we’ve been back almost a month already. I feel like we are finally hitting our stride in terms of getting ready for school in the morning. Our school starts 30 minutes earlier this year which has meant a big adjustment for us. We’re walking out the door at about 6:55 am. It makes me yawn just talking about it!
Now that I have less time in the morning and the kids are getting older, 4th and 2nd grade, I’m looking for ways to streamline the lunch process as well as get the kids involved in making their own lunch. We are trying out the new Rubbermaid LunchBlox and so far we are loving it. Here’s what I’m loving about LunchBlox:
- Everything snaps together with a Blue Ice tray in the middle. You better believe we take our ice packs serious in Arizona. Keeping your food cool is no joke.
- Food stays fresh for longer in the airtight food storage containers.
- The modules are perfectly portioned. There are even measurements on the side of the containers.
- It’s great for a school lunch or taking into the office. We tried out a sandwich kit, but there is an entree kit and a salad kit!
- I can give my kids some more control over what goes into their lunch. I can designate which type of foods go into each module and then they can pick.
Normally we keep lunches pretty simple. I have always wanted to try to do some of those themed bento style lunches though. Today I’m excited to share with you my Hello Kitty themed lunch using the LunchBlox sandwich kit.
Hello Kitty Bento Lunch
- Hello Kitty Cutter
- Flower Cutter
- Small Circle Cutter or the back of an icing tip
- Hello Kitty cupcake ring
- 2 Slices sandwich bread
- 1 slice ham, turkey or sandwich meat of choice
- 1 slice provolone
- 2 Slices Pepperoni
- Black Edible Marker
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Hello Kitty Fruit Snacks
- Cut the bread, ham, and cheese with the Hello Kitty face cutter. Set aside everything but the provolone cheese.
- With the edible marker, draw on whiskers and eyes.
- Cut a bow shape out of the pepperoni with kitchen shears. Cut a thin strip of pepperoni to wrap around the center of the bow. Place the bow on the cheese on the right side of the head.
- Add a dot of mustard for Hello Kitty's nose.
- Assemble the sandwich from the bottom by bread, bread, turkey, cheese(Hello Kitty face)
- Place the Hello Kitty face in the sandwich section of the LunchBlox container. Before eating place the bottom piece of bread on top to make a complete sandwich.
- Cut slices of watermelon and cantaloupe approximately 1 inch thick. Use the flower cutter to cut out the pieces of the fruit.
- Use a small circle cutter or the end of an icing tip to cut out the center of each piece of fruit. Mix and match so the center of the watermelon flower is a cantaloupe and vice versa.
- Fill a Snack container with strawberry yogurt. Top with a Hello Kitty cupcake ring.
I had so much fun putting this together and my daughter LOVED her lunch. I will say that the fancy lunch will definitely be a special occasion thing. I’m thinking first day of school, birthday, or celebrating some other occasion. The rest of the time we’ll be using our LunchBlox with the normal lunch fare.
Want to win a Rubbermaid LunchBlox sandwich kit? I’m one away to a lucky reader. It’s simply to enter, just leave a comment telling me what kind of themed lunch you would like to create or how you would use your LunchBlox kit. That’s it, just one comment. I’ll pick a winner on September 3! Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstakes, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central. Must be a resident of the United States to win.