I love that these gift tags can add a personal touch to a store bought present. I really wanted to make some teacher gifts this year, but it just wasn’t going to happen. My daughter loved making the tags and now she has a real sense of ownership over the present, even thought we went with a travel mug and coffee house gift card. I am providing the wreath template that I created for my Silhouette cutting machine but you could just as easily cut out circles and have a wonderful wreath.
Spin Art Wreath Gift Tags
- Art Spinner
- Green Paint
- Red Paint
- Spin Art Wreath Template SVG, Spin Art Wreath Template .STUDIO
- 1/8″ Ribbon
- Hole Punch – I’m partial to my Crop-a-Dile
- Create your spin art with green paint. About an inch of the center will be cut out so you don’t need to get paint in the center. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut the art into a wreath shape using the Silhouette template, download links above. If you don’t have a cutting machine, cut the paper into a circle and cut out a circle in the center.
- Add drops of red paint in clusters of three to represent berries, allow to dry.
- Tie the 1/8″ ribbon into a bow and glue to the bottom of the wreath.
- Punch a hole near the top of the wreath and tie ribbon through it. You can use this to attach the gift tag to the package.
- Write who the package is to and from on the back of the wreath and attach to your package.
My daughter wanted to experiment with a red and green wreath. I love how it turned out too! We just skipped the berries and added a cream bow instead. The kids are taking the presents to school today. I’m excited to hear if their teachers mention the tags. If I know my daughter, she’ll make sure to tell them all about it!
So tell me, do you do anything to spruce up your packages? Special wrapping or bows? Tell me about it in the comments!