Love is in the air. Love bugs that is. I am participating in another round of Craft Lightning. I was tasked with coming up with a quick Valentine’s Day craft. 15 minutes or less from start to finish to be exact. I wanted to come up with a Valentine’s Day kids craft that my daughter and I could do together. That girl loves crafting just as much or more than I do. I told her I had an idea for a Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Kids craft and at first she was a little confused. Once I showed her the supplies though, she was totally on board.
The reason I am calling them love bugs, is because their little bug wings are actually a heart. Well that and the pretty Valentine’s day colors. These love bugs are super simple to make. You could even have most or all of the supplies already on hand. I try to keep pom poms and googly eyes around at all times.
- Choose two pom poms of different sizes for the head and body.
- Cut 1.5-2" and form bug antennae.
- Glue the body segments together and glue the antennae just behind the head, in between the body segments.
- Fold a foam or paper heart in half. If the heart is too big for your liking, trim it down with scissors. Glue the wings to the body of the bug by only placing glue on the center crease.
- Glue on the googly eyes. Allow all the glue to try.
I really like the glitter pom poms. It makes them look a little extra “buggy.” Reminds me of a fuzzy caterpillar. My daughter loved making these and I bet your kids will too. Her favorite is the teeny tiny littlest bug. I have found with little girls that the smaller it is, the cuter it is, no matter what “it” is.
These would make a really fun Valentine too. Something along the lines of:
“Sorry to bug you, will you be my Valentine?” or “I’ve been bit by the love bug. “
Quick, easy, fun and cute. That’s my kind of kids craft project. There are tons of great 15 minute valentine’s crafts being created for Craft Lightning so please check out the button and go see what everyone is up to!