The Big Game is almost here! I wanted to create one more simple but delicious game day snack that will appeal to your family and the foodies you know. I have partnered with Smart & Final to bring you these delicious Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels and tell you about the awesome contests they have going. You’ll just have to keep reading to see how you could win groceries for a year or a $500 SmartCash Card. I love buffalo chicken sauce, and buffalo wings but I rarely take the time to make them at home. I wanted to come up with a snack that packs all the flavor of buffalo chicken wings into one delicious bite. Buffalo Chicken pinwheels have chicken and buffalo chicken sauce of course, but they also have celery for some crunch, cream cheese to cool off the heat, and blue cheese crumbles for some salty tang.
I headed into my nearest Smart & Final store to pick-up everything I needed for my Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels. My favorite part about shopping at Smart & Final is that they have a great mix of warehouse size products and fresh market items. You can get everything you need to feed a crowd for a party or the milk and eggs you need for breakfast tomorrow morning. The best part is that you can get the market freshness for warehouse prices!
- 2 First Street Frozen Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup First Street Buffalo Chicken Sauce
- 8 oz First Street neufchatel cheese, softened (or regular cream cheese)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4-5 8 inch Montecito tortillas
- Place the chicken breasts in a sauce pan and cover with water. Heat on the stove-top over medium/medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Cook the chicken until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the water and place in a bowl. Shred the chicken with two forks. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, buffalo chicken sauce, and cream cheese. Stir until completely combined. Stir in the celery and blue cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the buffalo chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Go all the way to edge.
- Start on one end and roll the tortilla up. Roll tight enough it will stay, but not so tight that all the filling comes out. Repeat with the additional tortillas.
- Refrigerate the filled tortillas at least 20-30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and slice the tortilla rolls into ½-1" slices. A serrated knife will cut through the pinwheels easily without pushing out all the filling.
- Serve the buffalo chicken pinwheels cold. You can serve the pinwheels with ranch dipping sauce or additional buffalo sauce, but they are great on their own too.
- For some added flair, insert a piece of shredded carrot for a "toothpick." The easiest way to insert a carrot, is to make a guide hole with a toothpick. The carrot will slide right in.
I promised some awesome contests and I am going to deliver. Smart & Final is giving away groceries for a whole year just for being able to guess the final score of the Big Game this weekend. If you think you know who’s winning, or heck even if you don’t, head over to the Final Score sweepstakes page and make your guess!
In addition to that contest, Smart & Final is hosting a twitter party February 7,2016 from 1PM‐2PM PST. Make sure you follow @SmartFinal and use the hashtag #SFSnackChat to participate. One lucky person will win a $500 SmartCash Card! Here’s the Twitter Party terms and conditions, so you’ll be already to participate!
What are you going to be eating on Game Day? Leave me a comment and let me know!