It’s Spring! Do your kids have spring fever? Keep the kids busy with a fun Easter Egg Find It activity. Cute Easter and spring themed items are hidden inside a clear Easter egg with rice. You have to shake, tilt, and shake some more to find all the hidden objects. The best part of this project? You can make it in less than 10 minutes but it provides hours of entertainment for the kids. It brings a whole new meaning to “Easter egg hunt.”
The Easter Egg Find It is a part of Craft Lightning! If you aren’t familiar with Craft Lightning, a bunch of fab bloggers all make a craft that can be completed in 15 minutes. It’s such a great resource of quick and fun crafts. I’m sharing the link to all the other great crafts below.
Easter Egg Hunt and Find
Supplies: *contains affiliate links
- Large Easter Eggs with a clear front
- White Rice
- Small Easter themed trinkets like erasers or figurines
- Clear Tape
- Fill the bottom half of the egg with rice.
- Make a list of the objects going into the egg. You need to know what you’re hunting for later.
- Gently add the Easter trinkets on top of the rice.
- Place the lid of the egg back on. Secure the egg with clear tape.
SAFETY NOTE: May not be suitable for children under 3 years old. Possible choking hazard. Our eggs have held together nicely with tape, but dropping them or rough handling will probably break them. Be vigilant when using this toy around small children.
It would be a lot of fun to color the rice in fun bright spring colors. That would take this craft outside of the 15 minute time frame though, so I left it white. My kids have had so much fun finding all the different Easter shapes. Telling them it was an Easter egg hunt made it even more fun for them.
Here are some ideas for more advanced Egg hunting:
- Don’t give out an item list and have your child make a list of everything they find.
- Ask them to find objects of certain colors at the same time. E.g. Find 3 yellow items
- Ask them to find different types of items at the same time. E.g. Find all the bunnies
Love the idea but don’t want to make it yourself? There is totally an Easter version of Find it that you can pick up on Amazon.
Thanks for joining me for this round of Craft Lightning. Please click the button below and visit the craft lightning hosts and see everyone’s great craft ideas.