I am participating once again in the Del Real Blogger Challenge recipe contest. They send me Del Real products and then I create a recipe. This year they have a kid friendly category which is so up my alley. I couldn’t wait to come up with a fun kid-friendly lunch featuring my favorite Del Real products.
- 1 Wheat Tortilla
- 2 Tbsp Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 slice white cheese
- 1 slice honeydew melon
- ¼ cup Del Real Rice with Vegetables
- ¼ cup Del Real Refried Beans
- Heat the Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef, Rice with Vegetables, and Frijoles Refritos according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut the honeydew melon with acactus cookie cutter or paring knife. Set aside.
- Cut a moon shape from the white cheese with a circle cookie cutter or kitchen shears.
- Cut two coyotes out of a wheat tortilla with a coyote cookie cutter or kitchen shears. Put shredded cheese and Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef between the tortilla pieces. Microwave approximately 20 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Assemble lunch by putting a layer of Del Real Refried Beans on the bottom of the plate. Next, add a layer of Del Real Rice with Vegetables. Place the coyote quesadilla and melon cactus above the rice layer. Finish off the plate with the cheese slice moon.
Your kids are going to love such a fun lunch. My favorite part of the whole lunch is the coyote quesadilla. The shredded beef is so good in a quesadilla!
In Arizona, we have a lot of choices when it comes to Mexican food. I love Del Real because it tastes like authentic homemade Mexican food. It’s so convenient when I need dinner in a hurry but it tastes like I slaved away all day in the kitchen.
The Del Real recipe contest will start a public vote on May 8. I’ll be sure to share the link with you. I also can’t wait to get some great recipe inspiration from other bloggers too!