My kids were bored on about day 2 of summer vacation. Fortunately, I’m partnering with Michaels this year to let everyone know that Michaels Camp Creativity has started for the summer! This is our fourth year attending the classes and both of my kids just love them. If you haven’t been before, let me explain how it works. Michaels hosts 7 weeks of themed craft classes for kids ages 3 and up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am – 12pm. Kids make multiple crafts per class and each session is different. You could go to the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday class and have no repeats!
For example, we went to a class during week 1, “Land of the Dinosaurs.” My kids made dinosaur visors and pterodactyl flyers. They also got a fun drawstring backpack they can use to keep their projects in or just use for fun.
Here’s why I love Michaels Camp Creativity:
- Low cost: Each class is $5 or 3 for $12 when you sign up in store. Online sign-up is super convenient, but you can also call the store or drop in. They make it super easy to get signed-up.
- Low commitment: You sign up for each class individually. You can focus on the themes or crafts that interest your child. It’s also great flexibility for trips out of town.
- Me time: While the kids are crafting in the classroom, I can shop inside of Michaels. Alone! No whining, or begging.
- No screens: Everyone is so happy crafting, that they aren’t even asking if they can play computer/watch tv when they get home.
- No mess: The kids have a great time making multiple crafts each session and I don’t have to wipe glitter off the kitchen table for the next week and a half.
Here’s why the kids love Michaels Camp Creativity:
- Get out of the house: A change of scenery is always nice.
- Fun instructors: They get to interact with someone besides mom. They need a break from me just as much as I enjoy the shopping time to myself.
- Learn new techniques: The kids are used to the supplies we have at home, they love trying new techniques with new craft supplies.
- Fun topics: The different themes are really fun for kids. The second we saw the Camp Creativity brochures in stores, my daughter grabbed one and circled all the classes she wants to take. She is a huge animal lover so “Pet City” and “Woodland Forest” are her most anticipated. My son loves science so he was most excited about “Land of the Dinosaurs” and “Life on Pluto.”
Week 1 (June 13, 15, 17): Land of the Dinosaurs
Week 2 (June 20, 22, 24): Under the Sea
Week 3 (June 27, 29, July 1): Life on Pluto
Week 4 (July 4, 6, 8): Castles and Princesses
Week 5 (July 11, 13, 15): Pet City
Week 6 (July 18, 20, 22): Woodland Forest
Week 7(July 25, 27, 29): All About Me
You can grab more information, see the projects, sign-up for classes, and snag some fun coloring printables at the Michaels Camp Creativity website.
Now that you’ve seen the schedule, which week would your kids like the best? Leave me a comment and let me know!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Michaels.