Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UltimatePitStop #CollectiveBias
Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3will be hitting theaters June 16, 2017 and my family can’t wait. The very first Disney•Pixar’s Cars came out the year my oldest was born and he’s grown up with the franchise. So while he may be 11 now, he’s just as excited to see the movie as he was the first two. As my kids get older, I really like that they can start to see some of the themes from the film outside of the plot. Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 has a really great focus on mentorship and helping others. At 9 and 11, my kids are at an age where they are capable of teaching and mentoring younger children. I’m always on the lookout for those teachable moments where they can spot an opportunity to help someone else.
While I was browsing on Amazon.com, one of my favorite past times, I saw that they had all kinds of really neat Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 merchandise. I got a really fun idea about how I could use the Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset to teach some basic physics concepts to the kids. The objective is two-fold really. I want my kids to learn something, but I also designed these physics cards with activities that older kids can do with kids age 3 and above.
Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Kid Physics Printable Cards
- Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset available on Amazon.com
- Kid Physics Printable Cards PDF
- White Cardstock
- Download the Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Printable Kid Physics cards from Google Drive.
- Print on white cardstock
- Cut out the cards
How to Play:
- Each card has a simple explanation of a physics concept including Force, Speed, Mass vs Weight, Friction, Ramp, and Wheel and Axle.
- Each card also has a suggestion for demonstrating the concept with the Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset and discussion starters.
- For younger kids, have them start only with the demonstration and maybe make some observations.
- For older kids, have them read the description or you can read the description to them.
- The cards are meant as conversation starters, so see where else your play can take you.
My kids have been having so much fun playing and teaching each other. I think next visit to Grandma’s house we’re bringing our cards and the Disney•Pixar Cars 3 Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset so the kids can pass on all the cool physics they learned to their younger cousins.
Make sure you check out the Ultimate Pit Stop for Disney•Pixar Cars 3 shop on Amazon.com for all kinds of cool Disney•Pixar Cars 3 products like LEGO Juniors Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 Race Building Kit, Just Play Cars 3 Mack Mobile Tool, Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Apparel, and Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 Bedding. © 2017 Disney/Pixar