Today I am a sharing a great grill recipe perfect for your next summer barbecue. These would be a really delicious addition to your Memorial Day barbecue too! I am happy to show you how Smart & Final can help you put together the perfect barbecue this week. They have some great sales from May 23-29, 2012.
Southwestern Chicken Packets
4 First Street boneless skinless chicken breasts($1.97/lb at Smart & Final)
3/4 cup chunky salsa
2 cups frozen corn thawed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup shredded cheese
Non stick Cooking Spray
4 – 18″x12″ pieces of Aluminum Foil
1. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Mix together salsa, corn, black beans
2. Lay out each sheet of foil on the counter top and coat well with non stick cooking spray. Place 1 First Street chicken breast in the center of each piece of tin-foil.
3. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper. If you love spice, you can use some taco seasoning instead. Spoon 1/4 of the salsa, corn, and black bean mixture on top of each chicken breast.
4. Double fold the ends of the packet. Leave room for steam to gather.
|Double fold the short side first|
|Fold the ends up to the center.|
5. Place the packets on the grill grate and let cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
6. Carefully open the packet and sprinkle with the cheese. Reseal packet and let stand until the cheese is melted.
You can serve these right in the foil for easy clean-up. You can also add a dollop of sour cream to cool off some of the heat from the salsa. Doesn’t that just look delicious?
I love the idea of cooking in foil packets. It is easy clean-up and you can really customize each individual packet to your guests tastes. Like I said before Smart & Final has you covered for all your barbecue needs. Here are some of the other barbecue necessities you can pick up this week so you can become one of the #sfsmarties too!
- Farmer John Fresh Pork Spareribs, sold in the bag, lean and meaty $1.79 per lb.
- Hoffy Beef Franks, 35-40 oz., selected varieties $5.99
- Sweet Seedless Watermelon $2.99 each
- Coca-Cola, 12/12 oz., selected varieties, Limit 5 total
- Crystal Geyser Spring Water, 35/.5 lt. 2 for $8
My six year isn’t a big fan of spicy food, that is why the Hoffy Beef Franks are a must for any barbecue at my house.
My four year old is a total watermelon junkie. She could probably eat a whole watermelon by herself if I let her.
What are your barbecue must haves?
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for™. #CBias #SocialFabric.