This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
Dollar General sells brand names at a great value price. Right now, Dollar General has a great promotion going on. If you buy three participating 2 liters, you can get a FREE Mars Chocolate FUN SIZE® 6-Pack.
MARS® products at Dollar General include:
– Milky Way®
– A&W Rootbeer®
– 3 Musketeer®
– Sunkist Orange®
My husband and daughter really like Rootbear and A&W Rootbeer® is their favorite brand. They make for deilcious root beer floats.
I find myself shopping at great value stores like Dollar General a lot when I am prepping for parties. I appreciate the variety of products at a great price.
Now that you are headed out to by some 2-liters, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite party recipes, 7-Up® slush. It has to be prepared beforehand, which can really help you out on party day. My favorite flavor is Pink Lemonade with 7-Up® but you can get really creative. I’m thinking a cranberry juice slush would be delicious too!
- 1 can frozen concentrate drink. Lemonade, Limeade, Orange, Grape, etc
- large shallow pan that can go in the freezer, such as a 9×13
- Pour your juice concentrate into your pan and add 3 cans full of 7-Up®. (Instead of water)
- Put the mixture in your freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer and break up any ice chunks.
- Every hour after, scrape up your slush mixture. If you let it freeze hard it is very difficult to scrape into slushie form.
- Repeat until your slushie is completely frozen (approximately 6-8 hours). Freezing time depends on the size and depth of your pan. I use a 9×13, so the mixture is shallow.
- Store your slushie mix in a gallon size freezer bag until ready to use.
- To serve, you can either serve it straight as slush or add some cold 7-Up® in with the slush to make more of a slush drink.