Handmade Christmas cards can be so much fun to make and receive. Today I’m sharing a cute, quick, and easy snowman card. I will also have the template available to download in PDF and SVG formats so you can print, cut, and make! Today’s post is part of craft lightning, so make sure you check out all the other awesome holiday crafts that can be completed in 15 minutes or less!
I wish I could say that I came up with this idea all on my own, but I actually saw a similar card for sale at the mall. Those cards were a set of 8 for $20. That’s out of my budget for Christmas cards though, so I decided to come up with my own version. Let’s make some!
Quick and Easy Snowman Card
- 5.5″x 5.5″ card – Make with white cardstock or purchase
- Square Envelopes
- Snowflake paper cut to 5×5″
- 3 white circles- see template
- 2 brown branch arms – see template
- 1 orange carrot nose – see template
- 2 black rhinestones
- 8 smaller black rhinestones
- 2 – 2 inch strips of 7/8″ ribbon
- Glue dots, glue pens, or tape runner
- Download the template in the format you want to use. Cut out the pieces required.
- Attach the snowflake paper into the center-front of the card.
- Attach the two largest circles to the middle-front of the card. Each circle should be centered.
- Glue the ribbon(scarf) and two arms on top of the middle sized circle. See photo below. I really like to use a glue pen for the smaller details like the arms and nose.
- Glue the smallest circle on top of the scarf and arms.
- Add two rhinestone eyes, 6 rhinestones for the mouth, and two more rhinestone buttons. One rhinestone button will go on each of the two larger circles.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
One thing to note is that these cards will cost extra to send through the mail and will need to be hand cancelled. If you don’t want to go through the extra trouble, they would be great to hand deliver to neighbors, friends, and teachers. These cute snowmen would look great with a plate full of tasty treats too!
I love how cute they are and so cost effective compared to the store bought version! I love creating fun and quick crafts as a part of craft lightning. Please be sure to check out the hosts for links to all the amazing projects being shared.