I recently received three boxes of the new varieties of Triscuit with brown rice.
- Brown Rice Triscuit seasoned with Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Red Bean seasoned with Roasted Red Pepper
- Brown Rice Triscuit baked with Sweet Potato seasoned with Roasted Sweet Onion
I thought it would be fun to create some cracker toppers to go with the new Triscuit crackers. I am sharing with you a yummy recipe for pineapple habanero sauce. It's sweet with a nice kick of spicy. When you pair it with cream cheese, it is just heavenly.
Pineapple Habanero Sauce
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 1 to 2 habanero peppers
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tbsp corn starch, mixed with some water to make a slurry
- Remove the stem and seeds from the habaneros. Chop them very fine. NOTE: When working with habaneros or other hot peppers, use kitchen gloves to protect your skin.
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, mango nectar, habaneros, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and salt. Heat over medium-high heat stirring frequently.
- When the sauce reaches a boil, whisk in the corn starch and water slurry. Turn the mixture down to a low simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the sauce is nice and thick. You want a syrup consistancy
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool completely.
- To serve: Pour the sauce over a block of cream cheese and serve with Brown Rice Triscuit crackers. You can also make individual hors d'oeuvres by placing a bit cream cheese on a Brown Rice Triscuit and drizzling with some sauce.
It really is delicious! I hope you give it a try. Triscuit has a great list of cracker topper recipes on Pinterest. You can check those out too!